Here is a brief reminder of the simplicity of the gospel. CHRISTianity is all about Christ. It’s in the name. Jesus is the gospel. The gospel is Jesus. The gospel is grace and truth. Jesus is grace and truth personified. The grace of the gospel is Jesus. The good news of the gospel is Jesus. Why am I pounding this point?
As I survey the evangelical landscape, I fear that we have relegated Jesus to being just a puzzle piece in our doctrinal mosaic. He is an important piece, but just a piece nonetheless. He is the Son of God who lived among us, died for our sins, rose again, ascended, and sits at the right hand of the Father awaiting His return to our planet. And as He sits neatly in our doctrinal puzzle, we argue, theorize, and condemn each other over things that have nothing to do with the gospel message of Jesus.
Maybe the puzzle piece Jesus that we have created is why the world is not paying Him much attention. But this Jesus the world yawns at is not the Jesus I know.
- My Jesus is alive!
- My Jesus lives in me.
- My Jesus is living His supernatural life through me.
- My Jesus lifts my eyes above the waves when life becomes overwhelming.
- My Jesus wraps me in His arms of compassion when I fail.
- My Jesus secured my once-for-all-time forgiveness.
- My Jesus provides every ounce of goodness, kindness, and patience that I display and experience.
- My Jesus mends my broken heart.
- My Jesus heals me.
- My Jesus drives away my fears.
- My Jesus infuses me with power to do the right thing.
- My Jesus infuses me with power to do the next thing.
- My Jesus leads, assures, calms, provides.
- My Jesus loves me with an everlasting love that I can feel.
- My Jesus is my life.
- My Jesus did not come to make bad people good, He came to make dead people alive and I am a living testimony of that.
Saying “My Jesus” may sound possessive or braggadocios, but my God spoke about my Jesus many years ago, long before His coming. “I am my Beloved’s and He is mine” (Song of Songs 6:3). I belong to Jesus. And if you have believed His gospel message, you belong to Him as well.
This is the Jesus that I invite you to find. He is waiting for you!!!